PROFILE / EDUCATION
- Excellent command of oral and written English
- Intermediate level in both oral and written French will be an asset
- Keen interest for developing pedagogical skills
- Ability to advise students, particularly in terms of academic writing
- Excellent organizational skills and proactive outlook
- Good time management skills
- Analytical mind and ability to synthesize information
- Multitasking approach and flexibility
- Team spirit
- PhD student at the Graduate Institute (years 2-5)
Training for Teaching Assistants
- Professional development programme (PDP)
The objectives for the PDP for TA's are to acquire new methods for university teaching and learning; build transferable professional skills develop writing and public speaking skills, develop a strategy for PhD/research funding; balance academic demands with a healthy life (stress management); study transformations and challenges of world education.
As well as Skills and Networking workshops, TA's have the opportunity to follow various CUSO workshops on general skills.
Period of contract
- Annual contract: 01.09 – 31.08
- Semester contract (ANSO): Fall 01.09 – 28.02/ Spring 01.02 – 31.07
In order for you to be fully prepared for the start of the semester, it is imperative that you are present for all the various workshops that will take place in September (Moodle training, Introduction session, Webex, etc. ).
- Remuneration is combined between an excellence scholarship and a salary.
- Part time: 45% annual rate (15 hours per week)
- TAs must dedicate 30% of their time to the thesis
- TAs may accept additional work, but no more than 25% (10h per week)
Job Openings for the academic year 2022-23
- Anthropology and Sociology - 6 + 1 Chaire Y. Oltramare
- International Law - 6
- International Economics - 6
- International History and Politics - 6
- Interdisciplinary programmes (MINT) - 38
- International Relations / Political Science - 6
- new recruitment for the academic year 2023-24 will start in April 2023
- if there are any positions available during the year, they will be published on our job portal