To complete the Master in International and Development Studies, students will need to fulfil a total of 120 ECTS in accordance with the General Curriculum Outline.
Students will be required to:
- Follow the compulsory core course Global Issues and Perspectives I in the first semester and Global Issues and Perspectives II in the second semester.
- Follow the compulsory course on statistical literacy in the first semester and take 12 credits of research electives during any of the four semesters of the programme.
- Follow the compulsory course in the assigned specialisation in the first semester and obtain 24 credits of specialisation electives during any of the four semesters of the programme.
- Participate in the Applied Research Foundations orientation workshop at the start of the second semester for 3 credits, complete an Applied Research Project (ARP) for 9 credits in the second semester and present the project by the end of the third semester for 3 credits.
- Obtain 12 credits of skills workshops during any of the four semesters of the programme.
- Optional: validate an internship for 3 credits.
- Produce a thesis for 30 credits of original research.
Download the General Curriculum Outline