1) Strict adherence to hygiene rules (e.g. regular hand washing with soap or disinfectant) and behavioural rules (maintaining a social distance of 1.5 metres). Antibacterial hand gel stations are available at each of the entrances to the Institute as well as in classrooms and meeting rooms. Disinfectant sprays will also be made widely available for people to clean their workstation or study area on arrival and departure.
2) Wearing a mask is mandatory at all times on the Institute's premises, the common areas of the of the two student residences, the Library and in the classrooms. Teachers and teaching assistants may remove their mask when giving a lecture or workshop, as well as staff once seated at their work place or in meeting rooms, as long as a distance of 1.5 metres is respected towards the nearest person.
Fabric masks as well as surgical masks can be purchased from the Reception Desk. The FOPH’s mandate on how to properly wear a mask must be followed by all persons present on the premises of the Institute.
3) From Monday 20 September, the Institute will resume teaching in hybrid mode. However, from Monday 1 November 2021, the COVID certificate will be mandatory for all courses.
4) Work continues both on site and remotely, taking into account the needs of the Institute to ensure the continuity of our services.
5) Internal face-to-face meetings are possible whilst wearing a mask if a distance of 1.5 metres cannot be kept.
6) The Institute’s buildings are open, Monday to Friday from 8:00-22:00 and Saturday/Sunday from 9:00-19:00. Visitors must announce themselves and be greeted at the reception desk.
7) Public events (i.e. ones open to the public and that require registration) held indoors may be organised provided that all attendees present a COVID certificate and a form of identification. Outdoor events of less than 1’000 attendees will not require a COVID certificate. All rooms can be used to their full capacity and the collection of the participants’ contact details is no longer compulsory.
The new measures for events constitute the required minimum at the federal level, but event organisers are free to hold their events with further measures, including requesting participants to wear masks indoors.
Indoor receptions (cocktails, aperitifs and parties) are allowed with a COVID certificate and a form of identification. Standing outdoor receptions are possible after consultation with our events department, email@example.com.
8) The cafeteria is open from 08:00 to 16:00 Monday to Friday and is only open to the Maison de la paix community. A COVID certificate does not need to be presented.
9) The Institute asks that unnecessary business travel be avoided. The FOPH regularly updates this list of countries based on the changing epidemiological situation.
Please visit this page to determine if you are required to; complete the electronic incoming form, provide a negative test result (PCR test within the last 72 hours or Rapid Antigen test within the last 48 hours) prior to arrival into Switzerland and quarantine for ten days (can be reduced to seven days based on these conditions). The same rule applies to students coming from countries with a variant of concern. In addition, anyone coming from a country with a variant of concern must inform the cantonal authorities within 48 hours of arrival, as well as the Institute by sending a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
10) Anyone presenting symptoms must be tested (the test is reimbursed by the health insurance). In case of a positive result, they will be placed in isolation by the cantonal medical authorities. The cantonal doctor will be in touch with anyone who has been in contact with the positive tested person and will decide on a possible quarantine. If you are in one of these cases, you must inform the Institute (email@example.com). The Institute will not share the identities of affected individuals beyond a small number of staff who need this information to respond adequately to the situation. For more information on these measures, please consult the FOPH’s website and their Instructions on Isolation.