General description of the position And requirements
- Excellent command of oral and written English
- Intermediate level in both oral and written French will be an asset
- Keen interest for developing pedagogical skills
- Ability to advise students, particularly in terms of academic writing
- Excellent organizational skills and proactive outlook
- Good time management skills
- Analytical mind and ability to synthesize information
- Multitasking approach and flexibility
- Team spirit
- PhD students at the Graduate Institute (years 2-5)
Training for PhD students with a teaching assistant contract
- Professional Development Programme (PDP)
The objectives for the PDP are to acquire new methods for university teaching and learning; build transferable professional skills develop writing and public speaking skills, develop a strategy for PhD/research funding; balance academic demands with a healthy life (stress management); study transformations and challenges of world education.
As well as Skills and Networking workshops, PhD students will have the opportunity to follow various CUSO workshops on general skills.
Period of contract
- Annual contract: 01.09 – 31.08
- Semester contract (ANSO): Fall 01.09 – 28.02/ Spring 01.02 – 31.07
- Remuneration is combined between an excellence scholarship and a salary.
Part time (45% based on 15 hours per week)
PhD students with a teaching assistant contract must:
- devote 15 hours per week during the 42 weeks of the academic year to teaching assistant activities.
- devote 23 hours to the compulsory skills workshop courses.
- New recruitment for the academic year 2023-24 will start in April 2023
- If there are any positions available during the year, they will be published on our job portal
Please read the following documents carefully: