To access the Institute's internal network from a distant location, you must have a VPN connection on your personal computer. First, please ensure that you have administrator rights on that computer.
One of the most important uses of the VPN is to access our Library’s Protected Resources.
Here are the steps for installing the VPN software:
- Click on VPN USAGE to open a Google login window.
- Make sure you sign in with your email account @graduateinstitute.ch.
- Download the procedure (PDF) that corresponds to your computer OS (Windows, Mac, Androïd) and follow the instructions to activate your VPN connection.
The Service Desk is your point of contact for IT support.
The Terms and Conditions for Use of the Institute’s IT Resources apply to the VPN Service.
eduroam is a federation whose aim is to provide a highly secure international Wi-Fi roaming service that allows members to access the Internet free of charge, when they are hosted in an institution or hotspot, outside the Institute.
Get connected, wherever eduroam is available
Every student of the Institute who wishes to go to other universities or institutions must first and for once, configure his/her computer, smartphone, tablet.
Configure your equipment to connect to eduroam
- Click on the Configuration Assistant Tool (CAT) and follow the instructions.
- When you get to the "User credentials" window, be aware that the username to be used is the IT account, followed by @graduateinstitute.ch (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) and not the email address, otherwise it will not work.
- Once the installation is completed, all you have to do is find the eduroam SSID on the local wireless network.
The user’s home institution is responsible for maintaining and monitoring user information when the user is at a host institution.
- To get help, your first point of contact is the Institute's IT Service desk.
- When the Institute's IT Service desk is not able to help you, for example because of an external problem, it recommends that you contact the local host institution's Service desk for assistance.
Eduroam is based on the most secure encryption and authentication standards in existence today. Its security by far exceeds typical commercial hotspots. Be aware though that when using the general Internet at an eduroam hotspot, the local site security measures at that hotspot will apply to you as well. For example, the firewall settings at the visited place may be different from those you are used to at home, and as a guest you may have access to fewer services on the Internet than you have at home".
Source: eduroam FAQ