PROFILE / EDUCATION
- Excellent command of oral and written English
- Intermediate level in both oral and written French will be an asset
- Keen interest for developing pedagogical skills
- Ability to advise students, particularly in terms of academic writing
- Excellent organizational skills and proactive outlook
- Good time management skills
- Analytical mind and ability to synthesize information
- Multitasking approach and flexibility
- Team spirit
- PhD student at the Graduate Institute, Geneva (years 1-5)
Training for Teaching Assistants
- Professional development programme (PDP)
The objectives for the PDP for TA's are to acquire new methods for university teaching and learning; build transferable professional skills develop writing and public speaking skills, develop a strategy for PhD/research funding; balance academic demands with a healthy life (stress management); study transformations and challenges of world education.
As well as Skills and Networking workshops, TA's have the opportunity to follow various CUSO workshops on general skills.
Period of contract
- Annual contract: 01.09 – 31.08
- Semester contract (ANSO): Fall 01.09 – 28.02/ Spring 01.02 – 31.07
- Remuneration is combined between an excellence scholarship and a salary.
- The TA position is a full-time appointment (100%), 37.5% for the TA activity and 62.5% for the thesis.
- Full time contracts at the Institute are based on 40 hours per week for 12 months with 4 weeks holidays. TAs are not allowed to accept another work contract during their employment as a Teaching Assistant.
- There are approximately 60 Teaching Assistant positions open every year (will be updated soon).
- Will be available in April 2021