Global health is at a turning point. Covid-19 highlighted pre-existing fractures in the global health system, revealing ways in which we were not prepared to face a challenge of such unprecedented dimensions. What does “global health” mean today, as a field of practice, politics, research and training? What might it mean tomorrow? To mark the launch of the Global Health Centre’s newly appointed International Advisory Board (IAB), Professor Kelley Lee, Dr. Esperanza Martinez, Allan Maleche and Dr. Outi Kuivasniemi will share their insights on direction(s) the field of global health is and should be heading.
- Esperanza Martinez, Head of COVID-19 Crisis Management, International Committee of the Red Cross
- Allan Maleche, Executive Director, Kenya Legal & Ethical Issues Network on HIV & AIDS (KELIN)
- Kelley Lee, Professor, Canada Research Chair Tier I, Simon Fraser University
- Outi Kuivasniemi, Director for International Affairs, Ministry of Social Affairs and Health, Finland
- Ilona Kickbusch, Founder and Chair of the International Advisory Board, Global Health Centre
- Vinh-Kim Nguyen, Co-Director, Global Health Centre