Administrative information

Student Services is available for general information and administrative questions regarding your stay in Geneva and your studies at the Institute.

Reception desk


  • Groundfloor Petal 1, Maison de la paix, Chemin Eugène-Rigot 2, 1202 Genève

  • Tél: +41 22 908 57 57 

Opening hours:


  • Morning: 9:00-12:30
  • Afternoon: Closed


  • Morning: 9:00-12:30
  • Afternoon: 14:00-16:30


  • Morning: Closed
  • Afternoon: Closed


  • Morning: 9:00-12:30
  • Afternoon: 14:00-16:30


  • Morning: 9:00-12:30
  • Afternoon: Closed
Whoswho Student services
Find out who can answer your questions within the student service

Who's Who

Student card (multi-service card)


Your student card needs to be validated each semester, using the terminal placed in front of the Student Services’ reception desk.

In case of loss, please do the following:

  • Immediately inform the IT department (tel: + 41 22 908 44 44 or email:

  • Pay CHF 10 to the accounting department (P1, level 4)

  • Present the payment receipt to the helpdesk (P1, level 3), so that they can issue your new card.


Email address


The email address student's receive once accepted, is essential for all communications within the Institute. Our faculty members and administrative staff use it to keep you informed of important events, deadlines and any urgent matter related to your studies. It is therefore required of you to read the messages received at that address or to transfer these messages to your personal email address.


Change of address


Students who must immediately register any change of address at any point during their studies at the Institute are asked to fill out the information on Campus, in the second section of the "Invoicing Portal". To change the address for the University of Geneva, please click here.


Registration certificate


At the beginning of the semester, all students will receive an electronic invoice for the semester’s tuition fees, which is available on  Campus' invoicing portal. Your certificate of registration for the semester is available through your Campus account and found under “reporting” (personal secure access).


Transcripts, duplicates and other certificates/attestations


An official transcript of your results obtained during the semester is available each semester free of charge from the Student Services.

An unofficial transcript is available on your Campus account, under “reporting” (personal secure access).

The following official documents will be available for CHF 15:

  • certified copy of diploma and transcript of grades

  • any certificate other than the one issued each semester

Administrative fees

Coursework or correspondence addressed to a faculty member


Any coursework or correspondence addressed to a faculty member must be placed in their physical mailbox (located in the same place as their office) or sent to their email address at the Institute ( according to the faculty member’s indications.


Legalisation of documents and signatures


In case you need your Graduate Institute diploma and your transcript of grades to be legalised, this can be done at the Civil Registration and Legalisations Office in Geneva.


Request to postpone annual military service (for Swiss citizens only)


The request form, duly completed and signed, must be returned to the secretariat of your programme. It will then be submitted to the Institute's liaison officer.

You will find all the necessary information regarding the application on the Swiss Confederation website .


Housing in Geneva

How to apply for a place at the Student House (and other options)