UHC2030 will launch a discussion paper to consolidate our vision for resilient health systems, and priority actions for both emergency preparedness and UHC goals. This event aims to bring partners together around common messages on public health actions as ‘step zero’ of UHC, so health systems better support health emergencies and UHC. This builds on the recent statement from UHC2030 Co-Chairs which called on world leaders to remember their UHC commitments as they respond to COVID-19.
Ilona Kickbusch, Chair of the International Advisory Board of the Global Health Centre, will moderate a panel discussion with senior leaders from WHO, World Bank, OECD and respondents from academia and civil society. This event proposes to stimulate discussion with stakeholders from across the UHC movement and beyond, immediately after the World Health Assembly, in order to leverage the momentum around the discussions among ministers of health.
- Agnès Soucat, Director for Health Systems Governance and Financing, World Health Organization
- Feng Zhao, Practice Manager in Global Engagement, World Bank
- Francesca Colombo, Head of the Health Division, Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
- Githinji Gitahi, Global CEO, AMREF Health Africa
- Midori de Habich, Economist and former Minister of Health, Peru
- Ana Maria Bejar, Director of Advocacy, International Planned Parenthood Federation
- Maria Espinosa Fernanda, Former President, 73rd UN General Assembly
- Moderated by Ilona Kickbusch, Co-Chair, UHC2030; Chair of the International Advisory Board, Global Health Centre