In the tradition of the Oxford Union debates, the International Gender Champions and the Geneva Graduate Institute are hosting their 4th Geneva Gender Debate on International Women’s Day. The motion debated on this occasion will be: this house believes that countries, which prioritise gender equality, should adopt a feminist foreign policy.
- Claire Somerville, Co-Director, Gender Centre, Geneva Graduate Institute
- Margot Wallström, former Minister for Foreign Affairs of Sweden (online)
- Marc Bichler, Ambassador and Permanent Representative of Luxembourg to the UN and other IOs in Geneva
- Jagan Chapagain, Secretary-General, International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
- Claudia Fuentes Julio, Ambassador and Permanent Representative of Chile to the UN and other IOs in Geneva
- Cäcilia Riederer, Member of the Feminist Collective, Geneva Graduate Institute
- Darius Farman, Co-Director, foraus
- Martin Chungong, Secretary-General of the Inter-Parliamentary Union and Chair of the International Gender Champions Global Board
This event is organised in partnership with the International Gender Champions and will be livestreamed on YouTube.