The Geneva Policy Outlook
The Geneva Policy Outlook (GPO) is an initiative to shape and accelerate the adaptation of Geneva as a global hub in a rapidly changing world. It does so through activities to keep the finger on the pulse on Geneva’s policy spaces, and to help better understand dynamics of multilateral negotiations or institutional reforms.
Key activities are:
- Community building, including by nurturing a group of senior policy makers and thinkers united to wanting to understand and shape the future of global governance, especially through hubs like Geneva.
- Strategic convening, including Chatham House breakfasts, lunches or dinners featuring speakers and off-the-record discussions on key emerging global trends or on specific regional developments or crises.
- An annual flagship publication featuring key issues to watch and analysis on key negotiations and reform processes happening in Geneva.
The GPO builds on the achievements of the pilot phase in 2022 that nurtured a community of 50 senior policy makers and thinkers from International Geneva and beyond, and produced the inaugural annual flagship publication – Geneva Policy Outlook 2023.
This publication featured 18 thinking pieces in English, French and German on issues to watch this year and on key negotiations. The pilot phase has delivered a proof of concept based on which the GPO obtained core funding for 2023-2026 from the State and Republic of Geneva, the City of Geneva, and the Fondation pour Genève to assure strategic convenings and the annual flagship publication.
The GPO would welcome additional support to expand its international ambitions and establish itself as a new voice on global issues based on the foundations of Geneva as a global hub for over 150 years.
This would mean:
1. The publication of two special thematic issues per year
2. Specific updates on ongoing negotiations, new topics, or major conferences taking place in Geneva or elsewhere
3. Expanding the multi-language dimension of the GPO in order to make discussions on global governance themes more inclusive and accessible.
Overall, there is opportunity to grow the GPO into a forum contributing to the acceleration of the adaptation of multilateralism to our rapidly changing world.
Help support the Geneva Policy Outlook!