Dual Master with the Global Studies Institute, University of Geneva

The Graduate Institute and the University of Geneva’s Global Study Institute have designed a new dual degree programme allowing students to obtain their master’s degree in three, rather than four, years. The programme was developed for students interested in pursuing studies related to international affairs, development studies and global health. 

In addition to becoming specialists in the global health domain, students will also gain an extensive understanding of international affairs or development issues. 


HOW it works 

Students enrolled in the Master in International and Development Studies at the Graduate Institute or the Master in Global Health from the Global Studies Institute – may combine their studies with those offered at the partner institution. 

Students who begin their studies with an MA in International and Development Studies:

  • Semesters 1 and 2: at the Graduate Institute

  • Semester 3: exchange semester at the Global Studies Institute (30 ECTS) Please consult our regular exchange programme procedure

  • Semester 4: at the Graduate Institute

  • Semesters 5 and 6: at the Global Studies Institute

Students who begin their studies with an MA in Global Health:

  • Semesters 1 and 2: at the Global Studies Institute

  • Semesters 3 and 4: at the Global Studies Institute and the Graduate Institute, during which 30 ECTS credits must be validated at the Graduate Institute  (to be completed over 1 or 2 semesters)

  • Semesters 5 and 6: at the Graduate Institute

Discover Yejin Lee's Experience


Students interested in the Dual Degree programme should initially submit a regular application for one of the relevant master programmes:

At the Graduate Institute:

At the Global Studies Institute:

Students can then apply to the Dual Degree during their second year of studies. Eligible candidates must have completed an exchange semester (30 ECTS) at the partner institution prior to applying.



Tuition fees and financial aid

Students will pay tuition fees to the institute of their initial admission for the first two years and to the partner institute during their third year. Students may apply for financial aid to the institution where they are paying tuition fees.




For more information, please contact: