PhD, Göttingen University
Jan H. Höffler is the founder of the ReplicationWiki. He has been teaching, mostly replication of empirical economic studies, at various universities in Germany, the University of Toronto, Nanjing Agricultural University, and the United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology. He is associated researcher at the Universidad Espítiru Santo and the research institute EQ-Lab in Ecuador. He runs a webinar series on replication and collaborates for this and the ReplicationWiki with researchers internationally and from various social science disciplines.
- Replication and Economics Journal Policies, American Economic Review, Papers and Proceedings, 107(5), May 2017, 52-55, doi: 10.1257/aer.p20171032.
- ReplicationWiki - Improving Transparency in the Social Sciences, D-Lib Magazine, March/April 2017, Volume 23, Number 3/4, doi: 10.1045/march2017-hoeffler.
- "Teaching Replication in Quantitative Empirical Economics", presented at the Econometric Society European Meeting, August 2014.
- Teaching Constructive Replications in the Social Sciences, with Gerrit Bauer, Nate Breznau, Johanna Gereke, Nicole Janz, Rima-Maria Rahal, Joachim K. Rennstich, and Hannah Soiné, MetaArXiv 2022.
- Webinar series introduction: Why replication? How is it done? Where to find replication material?, with Gustavo A. Castillo Alvarez, and Diana Soeiro, 2022.