The Institute provides specific adjustments (i.e. extra time for assignments and exams, and other special adjustments) for students with:
- a physical disability (reduced mobility, impaired vision or hearing, etc.)
- a chronic and/or autoimmune disease
- mental disorder/illness (depression, bipolarity, schizophrenia, etc.)
- learning disabilities/language and/or movement disorders (dyslexia, dyscalculia, dysorthographia, dyspraxia, etc.)
- autism spectrum disorder (ASD)
- attention-deficit and/or hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- other disorders (case-by-case study)
Here’s how to request special adjustments:
- Whenever possible, special adjustments should be requested before the start of the academic year (semester for exchange students).c
- Submit the Individual Student Support Agreement form (ISSA) online
- Send a medical certificate* or previous university report including your special needs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guidelines on medical certificates
Examining the accommodation request and decision: The office of Direction of Studies examines special adjustments requests and sends its decisions to the Wellbeing & Support Service.
Confirmation and application of the adjustments:
- Once confirmed, the adjustments are communicated to the teaching staff by the programme manager. Neither medical nor personal information will be shared.
- Students are, however, responsible for contacting their professors for the practical implementation of the arrangement.
- The adjustments are valid for the entire current curriculum (except in special cases or for temporary arrangements for which an annual reassessment is necessary).
Service dogs: Service dogs are allowed in the Institute’s student residences and on the Campus de la paix provided that they are certified by the International Guide Dog Federation (IGDF) and Assistance Dog International (ADI). The owner will also need to supply a medical certificate for the dog. Students concerned are requested to contact the email@example.com at the time of their admission to the Institute.
Contact – Questions:
Wellbeing & Support Service
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : +41 22 908 43 84
Here’s how to request a leave of absence:
In the case of an accident, sudden chronic illness or incapacity reducing the ability to take the exams, temporary arrangements can be made when possible.
In this case, a written email request must be submitted to email@example.com with the online form Request for leave of absence, together with a medical certificate justifying and detailing the requested adjustments, with a three-working day minimum before the exam.