External Health and Psychological Services
Need to see a doctor?
Make an appointment with a General Practitioner or a specialist
Make an appointment
The University of Geneva's HEALTH AND PSYCHOLOGY DEPARTMENT (pRIOR "Pôle Santé")
Students can find adapted solutions and access welfare services, including:
VIH TEST : Students who wish to take a VIH test can contact the Health Consultation to discuss their situation. If a test is indicated, they will receive a voucher to present at HUG (Geneva Hospital). The service is free of charge.
* Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out if the Institute can help by partially covering the costs associated with your treatment. Please note that your treatment has to involve at least three sessions in order to be reviewed.
Health and Psychology Service
Sessions with our psychologists will be held in person. If you wish to request an online session, please mention this upon booking your session.
Psychotherapy can be followed through the Psychological Support Service, or can be redirected to another support source depending on your insurance coverage (to be discussed with the Psychological Support psychotherapist). You may then be put on a waiting list; it may take several months for a space to become available.
If you deal with poor sleep habits, which affect your concentration and mental health, the Health and Psychology Service offers you a consultation to evaluate your sleep habits and propose appropriate resources for your problem.
Check out the ACTIDOTE self-help mobile application, which is designed to promote health and prevent depression.
An individual coaching service is available to students of the Graduate Institute who struggle with questions related to their personal, academic and professional lives. Up to six sessions of 60 to 75 minutes can be proposed and the first session is free. For mental health issues, psychotherapy sessions will be more adapted.
CONTACT the Health and Psychology Department
4 rue De‑Candolle
Phone: +41 22 379 13 33
For medical questions:
For all questions related to special needs: besoins‑
09am‑12pm (noon) and 2pm‑4pm
Closed on Tuesday and Friday afternoon.
Appointments with our doctor or psychologists can only be scheduled via our online portal.
Feel free to reach out to email@example.com for any questions or if you need help to make an appointment (meetings can be held in English).
PSYLINE: Tel 022 379 92 00 (from Monday to Friday 11.00 am to 8.00 pm)
The current period confirms that our psychological equilibrium is fundamental to our daily functioning, both in the academic, professional and private domains of our lives. The challenges can be multiple : financial, insecurity about the future, isolation, difficulties in concentrating, work at home, relationships or family conflicts, to name but a few.
Whatever the difficulties encountered, talking and putting into perspective, helps to cope with the difficult moments we can experience.
Set up by the Pôle Cité of the Factulty of Psychology and Educational Sciences (FPSE), the PSYLINE is a conselling and psychological telephone line available to students of the Graduate Institute.
Free and confidential, it brings together the various internal psychological hotlines set up so far.
More information here.
HUG (Hôpital cantonal of Geneva)
The Consultation for Students is part of the HUG Division of Primary Care. Patients are seen by general practitioners who are knowledgeable about young adults’ general health concerns. A consultation also provides easy access to Geneva hospital network specialists.
Consultations are available in French or English and may include :
- Auscultation by a HUG doctor (complete clinical examination)
- Follow‑up for a chronic disease (diabetes, hypertension, etc.)
- Concerns related to consumption and addiction
- Tests: blood, urine, X‑rays, etc.
*If you are following a medical treatment prior to coming to Geneva, we highly recommend you to take sufficient medications for the first weeks. Please take your signed prescriptions with you. We also recommend you to book an appointment with the HUG Division or Primary Care as soon as you arrive in Geneva.
If you need a medical certificate the HUG Division of Primary Care can provide one after analysing your health situation. You therefore need to book a consultation session.
Consultation fees: Consultations are billed according to the TARMED rate. Fees are reimbursed according to your health insurance contract and once the deductible has been reached.
Consultation times and appointment scheduling: From Monday to Friday, according to availability on the online appointments portal.
Address: Site Cluse Roseraie, Rue Gabrielle-Perret-Gentil, 4, Geneva
Access: Bus lines 1, 5, 7 and 35, station “Hôpital” / Bus line 3, station “Claparède”
Contact by phone: +41 (0)79 553 56 57, +41 (0)22 372 95 49 or +41 (0)22 372 96 77 (Monday to Friday from 8.30 am - 12.00 pm | 2.00 pm - 5.30 pm)
- HVP vaccination: students from 11 to 26 can take the vaccination for free at the HUG Division of Primary Care if they are affiliated with a Swiss Insurance Company. Private Insurance Companies do not cover this cost (approx. CHF 250.-). To schedule an appointment please use the following link : https://www.hug.ch/sante-jeunes/vaccination-hpv under "Prendre RV en ligne" (Choose ENG). You will need to bring a copy of your passport and medical insurance card.
- Vaccinations against the FLU can be received without apointment at the hospital (building Morier) on the 2nd floor (Unité soins infirmiers) from Monday to Friday, between 10.00 am and 4.00 pm. The cost is of CHF 26.90
- Vaccinations against COVID are fully reimbursed by the LAMAL (basic health insurance).